Andrew’s Shop Truck – Defender 110
This is a project truck currently located at our Salisbury, UK workshop. It belongs to Andrew. He loves it, but knows he can’t keep it. This will be a great base for a restoration.
This is the personal truck of our UK shop manager. He uses it for his daily commute to the workshop (about a mile). We all realized he was going to spend too much time fixing it up to match the Bishop+Rook builds that he decided to put it up for adoption so someone else can take on that task.
The Vehicle Features
Make & Model: Land Rover Defender 110
Driving Side: RHD
Transmission: 5-speed Manual
Fuel type: Diesel
Vehicle Title: UK Keeper’s Document
MOT Status: Valid until December 2021
Location: Salisbury, UK
Pricing + Upgrades Options:
As most Defenders start as a donor/base, we are offering up Andrew’s truck in the same capacity. While the condition might be perfect for someone to adopt the truck as-is, we realize others might want a few upgrades/enhancements. Here is the general pricing for such upgrades. These are general estimates to use as a guideline. Specific build sheet might price out different.
$27,500 – As-Is – Ready To Go
$30,000 – Imported and Titled In Minnesota
$35,000 – Rust and Corrosion Mitigation (C-Pillar Replaced, Doors Repaired, Foot wells, New Door Sills, Chassis Clean/Seal) + Above
$42,000 – Exterior strip and external respray (same or similar color) + Above
$48,000 – Panel off paint, New Doors, Body Panel Replace/Refurbishment – Color of your choice (interior/exterior) + Above
$5,000 – Complete Motor Refresh/Rebuild
$1,500 – Gearbox and Transfer Case Rebuild
$3,000 – Wheel and Tyre Package (Sawtooth Wheels or Similar)
$5,500 – New Carpets, Sound Deadening, and Seats re-trimmed in diamond stitch leather (color of your choice)
$3,500 – Complete Front/Rear Axle Rebuild (Rotors, Calipers, Bearings, Swivel Seals, Pads, Axle Shafts, Painted/Sealed, Etc.)
We tend to be overly critical about the “project trucks” we put on the market because we never want anyone to feel like they got in over their heads. This Defender is mechanically well sorted, but does show some signs of adventure around the body.
Here’s what Andrew says about it:
So the list of faults and general condition.
1. C sections have corrosion as seen in video
2. Both foot wells need to be replaced
3. Door bottoms have corrosion
4. Drivers rear door latch is temperamental requires a slam to close
5. General underbody corrosion but has just been undersealed
6. Various slight oil leaks as per all normal land rovers
7. Corrosion to various body panels as expected for an unrestored 110 can be seen in videos
8. Mechanically sound, no unwanted knocks bangs or rattles, runs and drives faultlessly
9. Safari snorkel
10. Fourby boost pin amd plate upgrade
11. Standard height suspension
12. All doors lock and all keys present
13. New mot
14. 58,000 miles showing but clocks have been changed millage expected to be around 170k
15. Heating works perfectly
16. Highback rear seats
17. Salisbury rear axel
18. Just been fully serviced including new cambelt
20. Original paintwork epsom green metallic
21. D44 window guards
22. Ready to drive away.
The above price would include shipping to the east coast of the United States and clearance through customs. We can help you arrange shipping from there, but it would be at your own expense. You will also need to register the vehicle in your home state as a UK import – which we can guide you on that process. We could bring the truck to the Minnesota shop and handle this paperwork for you, but there will be incremental costs associated with it.
- 150,000 mi
- Defender 110